Monday 25 July 2011

Apple Spice Cake

Using my new bundt tin from Aldi, so pretty!

I was reading this recipe book that I borrowed from the library about desserts all over the world, and was inspired by the “Crunchy American Apple Cake”. This is an adaptation using my trusty buttermilk muffin mix recipe. It has a heart warming hint of spice through it, and you still get chunks of soft apples, which is especially nice eaten warm. The cranberries add tartness and colour to my muffin version.

Chunky apples dotted with cranberries.

Ingredients
3 large apples, cut two into 1cm dice, and grate one
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
2 ½ cup self-raising flour (I used 2 cups SRF, ½ cup wholemeal flour and 1 tsp baking powder)
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar
Add ½ cup dried cranberries if making the muffins

Method
1.          Preheat oven to 160°C fan force.
2.          Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3.          Add in all the wet ingredients.
4.          Stir until even.
5.          Pour into well greased baking pan.
6.          Bake in 160°C fan force oven for 35 minutes.

Showcasing pink hibiscus from my garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...