Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mango Blueberry Cake



I baked this for a friend’s birthday. The recipe was pinched from an old school friend,  Angie, whose cooking talent I never knew of when we were in school 20 years ago. I modified the recipe just slightly, and used mango instead of tinned peaches, just because I bought a box of mangoes yesterday.

Ingredients
125g unsalted butter, softened
125g castor sugar
2 eggs
250g self raising flour
100g Greek yoghurt
150g buttermilk
1 mango, sliced
½ cup frozen/fresh blueberries

Method
1.          Preheat oven to 170C.
2.          Cream butter and castor sugar till light and fluffy.
3.          Add eggs, one at a time, beat.
4.          Sift flour into butter cream mixture.
5.          Gently fold the yoghurt and buttermilk in.
6.          Grease and line a round cake tin (20cm/8 inches diameter)
7.          Spread half the batter into the tin.
8.          Place a layer of mango slices on the batter, and sprinkle half the blueberries.
9.          Spread the other half of the cake batter on top of that.
10.       Carefully decorate the top with the mango slices and blueberries.
11.       Bake in 170C oven for 1 hour, taking care not to burn the top (protect it by using a foil tent if required).

3 comments:

  1. Hey fren,
    of cause you wouldn't know, tis is the hidden talent. I only started to "friend" with the kitchen after I migrated to NZ 10 year ago. Before that I have my lovely mum to cook for me or my hb. - Has been a spoil child n wife, felt guilty. Haha. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl. My mum never baked, so she made me learn. Anyway, I had to cook to survive living out of home since I was 19.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake! And here I am with some blueberries and mangoes in my fridge! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...